5. Initial idea 2


Smart technology at home

Since the last renovation, I possess heating with a thermostat that I can manage from my phone. Reflecting on my essay, I found that it is a perfect example of a smart device thanks to which I can manage the temperature of water or heating. 




The IoT technology what was used in, makes possible to remotely control work from my own phone by connecting just to a WiFi network. It is an extremely interesting and convenient device, but also a small symbol of our times in which we focus on the development of information technology to improve our lives. Now it ispossible to control the temperature at home while person is for example at work or on vacation. The development of civilization in the field of information technology makes me curious to what extent we can improve our routine to make our lives more comfortable and safe. (Jidong, 2020)

I think such technology can be particularly useful in certain groups, such as people with disabilities. People who do not have access to a stationary thermostat will gain such freedom thanks to the telephone.


Reference:

Jidong Wang a et al. (2020) Optimal scheduling of gas and electricity consumption in a smart home with a hybrid gas boiler and electric heating system, Energy. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0360544220310586?casa_token=6FXX6Gb_jjwAAAAA%3A9ksjIJM_fuTD1d_Ji_rNOn6VVUFMHz3e89OvrP5AXE37v4xDS-BW3S1-sbpNFRMmfCTztA (Accessed: 14.04.2023).

Kon, I. (2022) Download Thermostat Icon Design For Free, Vecteezy. Available at: https://www.vecteezy.com/vector-art/12095825-thermostat-icon-design (Accessed: 14.04.2023).

Gemma Ryles et al. (2021) Hive just announced the mini thermostat, Trusted Reviews. Available at: https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/hive-just-announced-the-mini-thermostat-4189580 (Accessed: 30 May 2023).


Komentarze